Monday, December 5, 2011

Fashion Challenge: Neutral Black


This week I'm participating in the Fashion Challenge hosted by Megan Mae Daily and Casual Chic Kiki.  The theme this time around is neutrals.  Some of you may have noticed I have a pretty darn colorful wardrobe and could use a little help with wearing neutrals.  So this week I'm going to stay away from my safe colorful items and try out some neutral looks.  Today's neutral color of choice is black.  I'm often criticized by my best friend for the distinct lack of black in my wardrobe and I dedicate this post to you Rupie!
Jacket-White Elephant Sale Oakland, CA-Grey 3/4 sleeve jacket-$3
Top-H&M-Black and white printed poofy sleeve top-$10
Skirt-Clothing Swapped-FREE!
Tights: Nordstrom Rack-Polka dot tights-$4
Shoes:Ross-Black Flats-$14
Approximate Total Cost-$31


I'm pretty sure this is the most black I've ever worn in an outfit.  I don't even own a quintessential little black dress!  I wanted my outfit to consist mostly of black (grey is a shade of black, right?) but still be young and playful.  I think I accomplished this by pairing my black skirt with polka dot tights, an eye catching black and white printed top and my favorite floral embellished black flats.

Be sure to check out the other fashion challenge takers, listed here!

Tomorrow everyone will be wearing grey!  So I guess it doesn't really count as a shade of black, BUT I can wear my jacket again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment