Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DIY Skirt


I'm quite proud of my DIY skirt .  Its not fancy but I love it.  The blue with white polka dot fabric I bought a while back for another project that I never got around to doing.  I started out following instructions for a DIY paperbag skirt, but I didn't follow them exactly when cutting the material so I ended up adding pleats in the front and back to make the shape less boxy.  I think it turned out pretty well for my first non-costume wearable sewing project.



I went to Burlington Coat Factory for the first time since high school.  There is one close to the grocery store I like to shop at so it may become my new favorite quickly.  Before we bought our house I loved Ross, and it was next door to a grocery store too!  I got this mustard yellow sweater at Burlington last week for $12.  They seem to have a lot of good deals and I had an amazing cashier who was too lazy/in too much of a hurry to look up prices for unmarked or items not scanning properly and rang up a skirt and shirt for me as $7.99!



Sweater: Burlington Coat Factory-Mustard yellow in weave striped sweater-$12 (cute mustard top here, or here)
Skirt-DIY-Polka dot skirt by Me-Don't remember price of material.... (polka dot skirt here)
Tights: Kmart-Nude Scallop shaped net tights-$5
Shoes: Mervyn's- Black wedge square toe heels- Oh how I miss that store $12 (similar here)
Approximate Total Cost-$29

EBEW: DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment