Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Blog Post

So I've decided to start a blog to share my bargain shopping habit (or obsession as my husband calls it) as well as other aspects of my life to the interweb world. I haven't done much writing outside of graduate papers in the past couple of years. I'm a horrible speller and I can't claim any expertise at grammar either so you'll have to bear with me.

Right now my husband and I are in the process of buying a house. Its been an exciting, exhausting, and stressful couple of months of searching, putting in countless offers, getting many rejections and thankfully an acceptance of our offer on a house we really love. I'd love to share some photos of the house with you right now, but until we have keys in our hands I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Today we visited our soon-to-be house for a structural inspection. The engineer said the house was in pretty good condition considering the age, but does show some signs of settlement. Luckily, this is affecting the back of the house where we're planning on renovating next year. We are crossing our fingers the engineer writes a positive report for our lender and the condition can be removed from the loan. The media keeps saying its a great time to buy! Prices are low! Interest rates are low! What the don't tell you is the headache it is dealing with the banks who own foreclosed properties and super cautious lenders post housing market bust.

But enough with my rant, here is the one picture from the house I'll share.

The family room in the house has an old fashion style wood burning stove with cute little gnomes on the feet! It think they're adorable but my husband wants to sand them off :(

Now on to my cheap shopping habit. I love looking for a great deal on clothing. Nothing excites me quite like finding jeans for 10 bucks or a shirt for 5.

So this weeks find was a super cute apron at Ross. My old apron's ties are fraying at the seams. Yes, I know, I could have just mended the old one, but after seeing countless cute aprons at Anthropologie I wanted an upgrade from the apron I inherited from a former roommate. And as cute as the Antropologie ones are, I can't see myself spending $30-40 on one. So, on my "I need to kill time while the laundry dries" trip to Ross I happened upon this one for $8.99!



No comments:

Post a Comment