Sunday, October 2, 2011

Can't sleep so I blog


Yesterday was a super hectic and busy day.  I hosted my family at my new house for the first time.  The party went great and everyone really liked our new home.  Despite my requests for no housewarming gifts, everyone brought one :P.

 I woke up early so I could finish cleaning, go to the farmers market and make dinner and still have time to get ready.  Somewhere around 10 AM I realized that I only have 8 plates in any given size and 12 people coming to dinner so I hop in my car and drive 30 minutes to the nearest outlet mall to get more Corelle plates in my pattern.  They are having a 40% all dishes if you buy 12 so of course I load up my basket with more plates than intended.  I also stopped by Banana Repulic, LOFT and Gap outlet stores...I was hoping some browsing therapy would help my stress level.  Didn't really work that way.

For the party I wore a RACHEL Rachel Roy dress with a Bandhani print.  I saw this at Macy's over labor day weekend and loved it so much I finally caved an signed up for a Macy's card...mostly to get the extra 20% off.  I also had a $10 off any purchase coupon.  They didn't have the dress in my size at that store but they were able to order it for me through the website with no shipping charge! What a great service! It arrived less than a week later.

Dress: Macy's-RACHEL Rachel Roy, Roped In Dress- $48 (Normally $120)
Shoes:Ross-Green Heels with Buckle-$7 (Similar here)
Necklace & Earings: Gift from my cousins-FREE!
Hair Accessory:H&M-Orange Flower pin/clip-$3
Approximate Total Cost ~$60
Rachel Roy also has a set of items called Anjali! This is super exciting...I was the child who could never find her name on a license plate, mug, or other touristy item. I don't care for the pattern on the first dress, but I do like the plum colored one!

Anjali Dress
Anjali Top
Anjali Dress
Anjali Dress

My cousin was looking super cute yesterday in a tunic top she scored from Target for only $10!  I asked her to submit a frugal outfit a few weeks ago and she replied that she doesn't wear cute clothes.  Good thing I asked wear her top was from otherwise she may never had made it onto my blog :P

Me and my beautiful cousin.  She's much better at these self shots than me...see, no double chins!


No comments:

Post a Comment