Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Inspiration Monday....on Wednesday

I keep finding new and cool fashion blog challenges, such as Inspiration Monday or Fashion Challenge!  So Monday's inspiration photo is of Elizabeth Olsen wearing a floral print pencil skirt, black top, owl necklace ( i think) and some black pumps.



And here's my interpretation...

Top:Target-Black V-neck tank-$5 (similar here)
Skirt:H&M-Floral Print(reviewed)-$20 (similar here)
Flower: San Jose Flea Market-$1
Shoes:Payless Shoe Source-Cream and Brown Peep Toe-Too old to remember...I think I got them in college (similar here)
Bracelet and Earrings: Gifts from someone and my husband respectively-FREE
Total Approximate Cost-$26
 I added the flower because it was just too much black for me. I needed a little pop of color.  I'm trying to wear more neutrals, especially black.  Bought this top just for that purpose. I loved it in purple but grabbed the black at the last minute.  Its really hard to wear a color more if you don't own it (also why I bought the skirt here) :P.  And speaking of shopping, I have decided to ban myself from buying new things until I wear everything in my closet that is new and never worn before.  It started with today's outfit both the top and skirt are new and previously unworn.  I've had the top since the end of August...shows you how much i like black.


Again, my failed attempts at twirling.  Three takes and I don't really like any of them...but they make for pretty good blooper shots :P.  The one on the right I was literally spinning around, got dizzy, stopped and  saw the crazy red blinking light and shutter go off. And that facial expression is totally channeling my dad.

Any tips on how to twirl better? Or capture a picture of said twirling?

twobirdsboutique

Also Linked to Color Brigade

No comments:

Post a Comment