Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Anniversary Weekend Outfits

On Saturday night my husband and I went out to a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  The food was amazing and the service was great except the waiter forgot it was our anniversary sometime during the meal.  When he brings out the dessert, my husband's plate says "Happy Birthday!" complete with a little candle for him to blowout .  We both start giggling and remind the waiter its our anniversary.  He looked so embarrassed and apologized repeatedly.  We promised to come back again in two weeks to celebrate my husband's actual birthday.  He said we should request him and he'll bring us both complimentary "Happy Anniversary" desserts!

So for the anniversary/birthday dinner I wore the my Flower Stand dress for the first time.  I've been in love with this dress since I saw it in the store a several weeks back.  I checked the website repeatedly to see if I was on sale and saw it drop from $228  to around $160 which was still not in my price range.  On my last visit to Anthropologie I was able to snatch one up for $60!  I was so lucky there were only four pieces left in the store.  Two in a size 4 and two in a size 6.  I crossed my fingers and took a 6 to the dressing room.  I think it was fate that it fit so perfectly! 




Dress: Anthropologie-Flower Stand Dress~$60
Cardigan: Target-Sea Foam Green~$14 (similar here)
Shoes: Ross-White strap cork wedges~$16 (similar here)
Necklace-Payless Shoe Source~$5 (similar here)
Bracelet:Gift from a relative
Approximate Total Cost:$95


 On Sunday we went to my cousin's house to celebrate Rakhi . The actual day was a month ago.  My family never celebrates it on time since we have to wait for snail mail sent rakhis from my aunts.  My mom always complains I don't dress like a newly wed.  In Indian custom newly wed wives wear lots of bright, shiny, fancy clothes and get all dolled up with jewelry and makeup and stuff of that nature.  Not really my style, but I do like making my family happy so I wore a pink silk sari I inherited from my mother.  She wore it only once before.



Sari: Inherited from my mom ~FREE
Sari blouse: Sari Boutique in Berkeley-light golden shade with gold dots~$25
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack-Italian Shoemakers Suite in Gold~$25..i think
Jewelry: Necklace and earring set were a gift from a relative~FREE
Approximate Total Cost~$50

My fashionista niece.  She is so girly and  loves to get dressed up.  Note the matching bangles.




No comments:

Post a Comment