Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stripes


Today's fashion challenge is to wear stripes or polka dots.  I went with stripes even though I love polka dots.  This is supposed to be a challenge so I may as well challenge myself and not take the easy way out.  My blog friend Ki at Dressing up for life decided to go for polka dots today, and I can't wait to see what the other challenge takers will be wearing.  Still not to late to join the challenge, tomorrow is "Fall Brights"!  I think this will be my favorite, I just love bright colors.  Can't you tell?

This is also Shopping Ban outfit #8.  The yellow blazer is new...I think it arrived in the mail after I took photos of my shopping ban items. So, this brings the total to 27 items and I've got 17 items to go!


Top: Target:Xhilaration Striped Tee with poofy sleeves-$10
Blazer-Stilletos &Diaper Bag Blog Sale-Yellow short sleeve blazer- $10 (including shipping)
Pants: Nordstrom Rack: Black Cropped Dress pants-20
Belt: From some other shirt or dress....not sure
Shoes:Ross-Black Flats with flower-$14
Approximate Total Cost ~$54

And I spotted these Halloween questions over at You, Me & Anthropologie and thought i'd be fun to answer them.  

1) What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Those red cinnamon fireball things.  And chocolate.  But chocolates my favorite year round.  My favorite as a kid was definitely milkway...i think they taste the best in mini or fun size. The ratio of carmel to chocolate is wrong in the full sized candy bar.

2) What's your favorite Halloween movie?
Don't  have one.

3) At what age did you stop trick-or-treating?
High School I think.

4) What is your favorite Halloween costume that you've worn?
Fairy princess when I was five.  My mom made the costume.  I remember her sewing it and me bugging her all worried it wouldn't be done for the Halloween party at school.   I later used that costume in a school play were I played the fairy in The Velveteen Rabbit.

5) What is your least favorite costume that you've worn?
For a party while in high school I went as a housewife. I wore my fuzzy slippers, a ripped over-sized shirt and my sisters ratty bathrobe.

6) Have you ever repeated a costume? If so, what was it?
I've repeated lots of costumes.  Recently I was Mrs. Incredible for Bay to Breakers last year, halloween last year and a halloween party last week.

7) What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
A lobster.  I found the cutest lobster hat at a thrift store for 69 cents! Its probably meant for a toddler or small child since I found it in a bin of kids costumes but luckily I have a small head so it fits!  

8) Do you like going to haunted attractions?
No.  I'm afraid of the dark.  I will turn on every light between me and where i'm walking to in the house at night. 

9) Vampires or werewolves?
Werewolves.  I love Alcide.  

10) Do you decorate your house for Halloween?
Yes.  Not very well as you can see, but I tried!



Question thingy started over at TheGridMonster and JoeyGraceffa.

No comments:

Post a Comment