Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What to wear for "Menswear"

I think today's Fashion Challenge of wearing menswear or over-sized pants was the hardest for me to figure out.  My style and wardrobe is pretty girl and feminine so I had to explore the depths of my closet and dresser for colors and items that could be menswear.  I'm really happy with the look I came up with. I love the combination of olive green and charcoal grey.  I added some tarnished metal bangles I got as a gift and have never worn before.
Top & Belt: Ross-Olive green button up with braided brown belt-$10
Underlayer: Forever 21-Charcoal Grey fitted T-shirt-$4
Jeans: Macy's-Levis Curve ID Bold Curve-$58
Shoes: Target: Converse One Star sneakers-$20
Bangles: Gift from relative in India

I'm definitely going to check out the other menswear inspired fashion from this challenge.  So far I love Keely's plaid vest and mustard yellow combination over at Casual Chic Kiki!  Its also not too late to join the challenge either! Tomorrows is Maxi or Midi!


The last time I wore this shirt my therapist said it really brought out the green shades in my eyes and I agree.  And, I just really liked the light in the photo on the right.


Argyle Socks! From Target.  Went a little knee high sock crazy when I bought knee high boots.  The converse sneakers I bought for Halloween two years ago.  I went as Lucy from the peanuts and couldn't find saddle shoes anywhere! This was the closest I could find in a reasonable price.


No comments:

Post a Comment