Monday, November 14, 2011

Inspiration Monday: Kelly Ripa style



I've gotta say, this woman knows how to dress. I'm really happy with how my interpretation of her outfit turned out.  Heels with longer jeans is a winning and slimming combination when paired with a blazer.  She looks long and lean and I think I do too!  


 In recent years, I've been hesitant to wear denim with denim.  In high school my "uniform" was a dark denim jacket I bought at the GAP and jeans of some sort. I wore that denim jacket to death...when I finally donated it, the jacket looked like it was purchased faded with whiskering but no, it was all naturally created.  My jeans today are a medium blue wash while the blazer is charcoal grey color and my shoes are a darker blue...yes, all three are denim!  I don't feel overloaded with denim since that colors are dissimilar.


Top:Ross-Purple Ruffle neck and sleeve top-$8
Belt: Stilettos and Diaper Bags Blog-Came with my yellow blazer-$10
Blazer: White Elephant Sale Oakland, CA-$3
Jeans: Macys-Levis Bold Curve ID jeans-$30
Shoes: Payless-Cork and Denim Heels-$12
Earings: Gift from my Masi (Mom's sister)
Approximate Total Cost~$63
Be sure to check out the other beautiful bloggers participating in Inspiration Monday over at Two Birds!  I also feel visible in my purple top and yellow belt and scarf so I'm going to link up to Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style for the first time!  Also, I'm starting a new job tomorrow so feeling visible this week is extra important for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment